Are you having trouble hearing? Are you asking people to repeat what they said? Do you want to learn more about your condition to see if it is time for hearing aids? Our hearing questionnaire is a great place to start! Answer a few simple questions and bring this in at the time of your appointment. With your questions and concerns, we will provide a hearing consultation for your ease of mind.
1. I have trouble following the conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time.
2. People complain that I turn the TV volume too high.
3. I have to strain to understand conversations.
4. I have trouble hearing conversations in a noisy background such as a party.
5. I miss hearing some common sounds like the phone or doorbell ring.
6. I get confused about where sounds are coming from.
7. I misunderstand some words in a sentence and need to ask people to repeat themselves.
8. I especially have trouble understanding the speech of women and children.
9. I have worked in noisy environments.
10. Many people mumble when they talk.
11. People get annoyed because I misunderstand what is being said.
12. I misunderstand what others are saying and make inappropriate responses.
13. I avoid social activities because I cannot hear well and fear that I’ll reply improperly.
14. Do you have a blood relative with hearing loss?
To be answered by a family member:
1. Do you think this person has a hearing loss?
If you’ve answered yes to most of these questions, schedule a time to come speak with us. We’d be happy to sit down and chat about your hearing options.
Give us a call at (941) 366-2240.